Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Flying with Crayons


We flew all the way back to the states and on the flight the girls colored for 6 out of the 8 hours! Seriously, it's amazing what a couple of new boxes of crayons and coloring books will do...for girls, that is. My son was not so easily entertained! He is younger, in his defense, but the girls flew so great when they were younger too. They slept a lot more often on plane trips than he seems to do. Anyway, we played with painter's tape, 4 new books with touch and feel and puzzle pieces, my hand-made touch and feel cards and zip lock bag book, pipe cleaners, colors, sticky notes, and we sang a LOT of interactive songs, like Patty Cake and Itsy Bitsy Spider. I am going to have to be even better prepared on the way home. We made it though and still managed to get a few compliments on the kids behavior which is always nice at the end of a long flight when I am feeling like I am going to drop. Although Isaac was wiggly and in need of entertainment, he didn't cry at all. So I'd say that's a success!

No comments: