Friday, October 23, 2009

An exciting new skill!

Quilting!
I just took a class at Joann's and this is what I made.


It is just the top part of the quilt, so I still have the backing to do. It is a doll sized quilt that I made in the two and a half hour class. I have three more kid-sized quilts waiting at home to be made, one for each of the kids for Christmas gifts. I think it is a bit of a lofty goal, but my husband will be home before then and need to spend extra time with the babies anyway, right? A friend of mine is going to give me her old sewing machine that she doesn't use anymore since mine is kaput. I can't wait to get started on them!

I also embroidered this for my cousin's soon to be born baby boy. It's simple, nothing fancy, but I am feeling like I am not accomplishing much these days. So I like to lay out what I have done. I am working on a bib for him too. So much to sew!

No comments: