Sunday, October 25, 2009

Wedding number two and counting...


Wedding number two! My cousin, Ashley, married her highschool sweatheart, Ryan! It was a late wedding and so my dad volunteered to stay home and watch the little guy and Genna since they can't handle being out past their bedtime, especially not out till midnight. Hannah, my big girl did get to go. I made a big deal out of Genna's special night with Poppa Boat and Isaac so she would want to stay home. They had a movie night with pizza and ice cream planned out. Hannah got all spiffied up with my mom, sister, brother, and I. Here she is chatting it up before the ceremony.



The wedding and the bride were stunning, of course! They had a nice autumn feel to the wedding decor. After the wedding, the reception was a blast. My sister's new husband had to work all weekend and couldn't make it, and my brother's fiance was sick. So none of us had our significant others with us.
All of us together...


My sister, my mom, and I...
You can tell who lives in the land of no sun verses the tan Texans. :)

My uncle David and Hannah


Hannah was Little Miss Social and couldn't wait to be reintroduced to her distant cousin, Megan, the flower girl. We walked into the reception and she pulls on my dress to ask, "OK, Mom, where's that girl you wanted to introduce me to?" Here they are dancing the night away!



My sister, the maid of honor (my cousin, Lindsey), and Hannah Banana being silly.

My sister and Hannah dancing...


Hannah was super attached to my cousin, Zach. I can't believe we didn't get a good picture of them. She was in his arms a lot. I remember when she was about 6 months old and he had long hair, she would just laugh and laugh at him when he would shake the water out of his hair at the pool. Over the past year there have been a couple of men to whom she has really attached herself. She misses her daddy, and I think it helps her. She's such a daddy's girl!


Then came the wedding boo boo. I think we are making it a tradition that someone falls on or steps on one of my kids during each of the weddings during this wedding extravaganza (we still have two more family weddings before going back home). This time Hannah was running around without shoes and got behind some very energized Aggies getting ready for the war hymn and was stepped on by a high heel shoe. It immediately bruised up and even broke the skin a bit. So our night went downhill from there and she wanted to be held the rest of the time. We had to leave before the bride and groom. Here I am dancing with her.


No comments: