Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Holy Matrimony

My sister is now officially a Mrs!

Thursday night was the rehearsal dinner. All three kids went and the girls were great practicing walking down the aisle with the junior bridesmaid. They even remembered to bow at the altar. My future sister-in-law hung onto Isaac while we rehearsed. At the dinner, I was kept busy with my little guy and the girls went to the bathroom with the junior bridesmaid about a hundred times before I figured out what was going on. It was just so fun to be taken to the bathroom by a 9 year old all by themselves! When Mommy volunteered to take them they suddenly lost the urge to go. After dinner, I even had to make a speech/toast! If you know me the whole speaking in front of people thing is not my thing. In fact, I avoid it at all costs. So that was me stepping out of my comfort zone in the name of love for my little sister.
Isaac



The girls!


The bride, my girls and the junior bridesmaid


My sister and Me


Uncle Kent and Isaac

The wedding was beautiful, and the girls truly amazed me that they walked so nicely without any last minute stage fright and then sat with my parents on the front row so quietly and nicely! So they get A+'s in the art of flower girling! My sister was beautiful! The reception followed with dinner and dancing all the way until midnight! That was a long long night for my girls! (Isaac was at the hotel with a college friend of mine sleeping blissfully during most of the wedding.) The girls ran around with their new best friend, the junior bridesmaid. That came to a crashing halt when just before midnight, Genna fell and the junior bridesmaid fell on top of her and she sliced her frenulum and busted her lip. I swooped her up and leaned her over as we ran to the bathroom so that we dripped all the blood on the carpet instead of on her dress. We managed to just get a couple of drops on the dress. She was a little sore the next morning. They were so tired! Here are a few pictures from before the wedding in the dressing room. During the wedding and reception, I was too busy to take pictures and figured enough people were already doing that.


The best flower girls ever!






And, of course, the beautiful bride!

No comments: