Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Christmas Part 1

The night before Christmas when all through the house not a creature was stirring, not even a mouse...I took pictures of the ridiculously over gifted tree. And this was before my procrastinator of a husband woke up early Christmas morning and wrapped and added all his presents.

I also set up this crib for baby Jesus similar to the one we saw in Rome that Hannah loved. She drew a picture of it and asked that we make one for our house. Last year, I didn't get around to it, so I was determined to make it happen this year. I set it up as a surprise for the kids. Here it is awaiting it's newborn King.

We got up and got ready for the Christmas mass. I kept them out of the room with the tree and the crib until after mass because we were in a hurry and I didn't want to rush putting Jesus in his crib. Here are my four superstar children all dressed up. The older three wore the same Christmas clothes as last year, but it turns out Isaac's pants were a bit short, and his shirt and vest were smallish too. I should have known since he is in mostly 4T now, but it wasn't too bad. You can't tell when he is just standing.

I love this picture! Drew slept through the mass and the pictures afterward.


Genna fielded all the "What did Santa bring you?" questions responding, "We don't do Santa. St. Nicholas came on St. Nicholas' feast day. We just do presents from each other today after mass." She had to say her spiel at least five times. :)


Godfather Brian was here with us and was asked last minute to help with the mass and be the deacon. He said that while he was in the Sacristy, he was introduced as "the children's godfather" and that everyone had a story to tell about our kids.

No comments: