Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Oh, the cuteness!

Isaac insisted I take some pictures of him holding Drew, but this is the only one I came away with, with two wiggly boys. Lately, Isaac is famous for saying, "He loves me the best."

However, I got lots of cute pictures after he was tired of holding him.


I love this look.

Can't stay serious for long!

Smiley pants!

I can't believe he is 12 weeks old! This week I forced him to drop a feed, and it actually didn't take that much convincing. I waited until the right night when I thought I could swing it. He is going to bed around 8pm with no crying and waking up after 45 minutes of sleep for a little crying and then going back to sleep which is better than we were doing before the dropped evening feeding. He is still waking up at 4 or 5am to nurse and then back to bed until 7am.

So his new nursing schedule (with a 30 minute margin of error most days) is 7am, 10am, 1pm, 4pm, 6:30pm, 10pm, 4/5am. He had one day that he was waking after 45 minutes of sleep for every nap. I was pretty certain this was not another growth spurt and so I tried extending his nap in the swing for two of the naps and he went right back to sleep and had to be woken up for those. All babies seem to do this from time to time, but he was easy to get on schedule by using the swing to tide him over until it was time to nurse.

A new development during tummy time this week, he is using his legs to push him forward like an inch worm. He is not rolling, not even on accident yet, but this inching forward thing is new to me. He doesn't have enough control or strength in his arms to crawl or anything, but I have never seen a 12 week old inch forward. Funny how they are all different. He has some really incredible leg and abdominal strength which I think started in the womb. He was a CRAZY hard kicker.

He is grabbing toys if we put them on his tummy, but can't hold onto them yet. So he often ends up fussing because he has a toy on his face. He is becoming more aware of Mommy leaving the room, but mostly still handles it well. He is easily entertained by his siblings if he starts fussing.

1 comment:

Becca said...

you should frame the pic of Isaac kissing Drew. That is just precious.