Thursday, December 8, 2011

Cranberries

I got this idea from By Sun and Candlelight. When I realized Isaac's next book was Cranberry Thanksgiving for Five in a Row, first, I wished I had looked ahead and done that the week before Thanksgiving. Then I remembered seeing this cool activity where you string up popcorn and cranberries and hang them outside for the squirrels.



While doing this craft we talked like Yoda the whole time. Funny kids, I have. :) What's funny is Hannah can't talk like Yoda, but the younger two can. She has a mental block about reorganizing her sentences or something. Isaac is a natural, and we all know Genna has no problem getting things backwards. This was spurred on because of books Hannah has been reading, kid's Star Wars books we found at the library. I was reading one of them to Isaac the night before and all the kids piled up to listen.

We also made some yummy cranberry bread from the recipe at the back of the book, Cranberry Thanksgiving.

No comments: