Tuesday, August 21, 2012

11 months and 1 week: Drew has taught me the value of baby-proofing and 5 point harnesses!

Drew has been sleeping with a blanket that was actually Isaac's.  It has a frog head attached to it.  I call it his Ribbit, but since he isn't really naming things (other than balls) he doesn't have a name for it himself yet.  It is really cute, he balls it up under his tummy and sleeps on top of it.


Drew has taken a few steps without even realizing it, but if you try to make him walk he usually sits down and refuses.  If he is busy playing he just doesn't notice if he has to take a step or two enough to be nervous about it.  He is into climbing into his toy boxes these days.

Drew goes to and even asks for his daddy more than any other baby we have had.

 

The cutest thing he has started is laughing when the other kids are laughing.  He seems so much older when he joins in at the dinner table with a hearty laugh at someone's funny.  He is not saying any new words, but he is making the "Vroom" sound for cars which he has taken a sudden interest in this past week.  It is a little frustrating to me that he isn't a talker or a signer yet, for that matter, like my other three because what replaces talking and signing is whining, crying, and unpleasant grunting noises.  If I am treating him differently than the other three and promoting this lack of communication, I am not aware of it.  I am going to make a concerted effort to pay attention to my responses to his noises to see if I am responding too quickly to just make the noise stop which is possible in this house with all the other noise going on and my low tolerance for loud noises.  He has told the kids "No" several times and when he was standing at his daddy's night stand and looking at his glasses he said, "Oh, no."  Most of my kids said "No, no" when they faced a forbidden object at this age, but he says, "Oh, no."  That is telling.  He sure is trouble.  I am understanding baby-proofing so much more this time around.  I have to spend so much of my time telling him "No" and checking to make sure he is about to die.  With the other three they all had one or two things they consistently got into so I could just listen and check when they were near those things.  For Drew it is always something!  He always finds something new to get into or make dangerous.

Through it all, I think he has the cutest chin dimple ever and even though I only get moments a day cuddling with this guy because he is such a wiggler, I cherish every nanosecond of it!

No comments: