Saturday, August 25, 2012

The Week the Woman Went

You might be wondering how my husband fared with the three "big" kids while I was gone for 5 days helping my sister.  He seemed unfazed and still sane, so I would say he did pretty well!  It did definitely help him to appreciate me more which is just what I was hoping.  He took off work and played Mr. Mom...sort of.  I found some pretty interesting clothes combinations in the children's laundry, and I can only begin to imagine what the girls' hair looked like.  I should have had him take pictures, but maybe it is better that I don't know.  With the exception of the clean laundry (that I had folded the night before I left) still sitting in the same piles all over our bedroom floor when I returned 5 days later and some strange unidentified smells in the kitchen and in the van, I can't complain at all.  He is nowhere near qualified for an episode of "The Week the Women Went."  He is a sweetheart to have let me go visit my sister and give some of his vacation time up. 

It was the longest I have ever been away from the children, and I missed them like crazy!  It made me feel better that every time I called to talk to the kids I was given the countdown on how many day until I got back.  Glad daddy is not the only one worthy of a countdown!

No comments: