Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Swimming


This summer we joined the pool in the next neighborhood since our neighborhood doesn't have one.  It is super convenient being only a 2 minute drive from our house.  We have been swimming all summer, but I am usually in the pool with them and can't get pictures of it.   With Drew's abscess open and oozing, he can't get in the water right now.  However, Isaac has swim lessons twice a week, and I want the kids to get to swim as much as possible since we paid for this membership and have only been here half of the summer.  So, I take them as soon as Drew wakes up from his morning nap some days and while I nurse him and feed him his lunch, the kids can swim.  The pool is practically empty at 11am and so it is easy to keep an eye and ear on them while I deal with Drewy, plus they have their own private lifeguard for the most part.  We stay almost an hour because that's about how long it takes me to get Drew's lunch in him and then he gets tired of sitting in the stroller while everyone else gets to play.


It works out even better when Isaac has swim lessons because he is the one who can't swim and I have to watch more closely.  

That's Isaac swimming with his face in the water.

No comments: