Friday, February 1, 2013

Genna's First Gap

She grabbed the ultrasound photo to be in the picture with her for some reason.

Genna lost her first tooth on Monday.  She is almost seven and I was beginning to wonder how long it would be when she got a wiggly tooth a couple weeks ago.  At Chick-Fil-A with some friends, she came to show me it got looser after eating her chicken sandwich.  It looked ready to be pulled, so I said, "Have dad pull it tonight and if it falls out while you are playing, please bring it to me."  Two seconds later I hear that Hannah had pulled it for her. 

Then Drew wanted to be in the picture too.  His smile is evil looking, huh?
I don't know if you can tell in these pictures or not, but Sunday Genna and I had a date to the hair salon.  She desperately needed some length taken off and some layers added.  I am good for the length, but I don't do layers.  It has been a huge blessing having less tangles and the bounce is back in her curls which I love.  It was halfway down her back and now it is just below her shoulders even though they didn't take off but a few inches.  The bouncy curls have made it look a lot shorter.  I guess It had become too heavy and the long layers lighten it up a lot.  At the salon, Genna had fun drinking lemon water and passion fruit tea while she waited on me to get my hair cut.  She forgot her book and got a little bored at the end, but nothing a notepad couldn't fix.

No comments: