Sunday, February 17, 2013

On the Machine Again


 Since we have been trapped at home so much lately, I have been finding a bit of time to sew.  Okay, truthfully, I have been making the time to sew so that I do not go insane.  I had some projects for the girl's summer clothes refashions and things that I want to finish before I find out the gender of the baby and can't resist the urge to start making things for Tad.  My first project was to cut off all leggings with holes int hem and turn them into shorts.  To most of them I added a ruffle of another fabric, but for one I used some of the same legging to make a band and then put a decorative ruffle down the sides.  I got these ideas from the Sewing Dork.  It was fast and easy just like I need 'em to be.




Now I am working on maxi dresses for the girls and a slew of easy skirts since Genna loves skirts and dresses.  Hannah's hard to please, so I am not counting on any of this solving all summer clothes issues in our girls' closets.

1 comment:

Leah Boatwright said...

Very cute! And, Genna is getting so big.

Love,
Aunt Leah