Sunday, February 3, 2013

Update on the Nightmare

Good news is no one else has come down with the bug so far, but the bad news is we are far from out of the woods since it is contagious for so long.  Genna is feeling much better today, but she is still quarantined in our bedroom with me as a roomie.  My favorite thing has been how much the kids miss each other, especially the girls.  You should have seen their faces light up when I allowed a doorway conversation between the girls.  They miss each other so  much!

Genna has had Gatorade, jello, 3 frozen waffles, half a banana, mac n cheese, and eggs today.  She kept it all down and told me the best art about being sick is when she feels better, but still gets to lay in bed and watch movies all day.  She has done a little crafting and also finished two chapter books.  Her fever is gone and I am quarantining her until she can't take it any longer just to keep her away from the other kids as long as possible.
I finished three loads of linen laundry today and decided after getting the stains out of the down comforter that I am going to take it to get dry-cleaned.  I used a vinegar spray and a vacuum to disinfect the carpet and bleached two of our bathrooms.  Hannah sprayed doorknobs and light switches downstairs today for me.  I have the pillows to sanitize which I am not looking forward to at all!

No comments: