Sunday, February 10, 2013

Kids Say the Darndest Things

Our family has been officially healthy for the time being.  So we have resumed our regularly scheduled activities since Thursday.  Today the big kids went to German school which they all missed last week due to Genna being sick with such a contagious bug.  When I picked them up from school today, Hannah told me that her teacher asked why they were not there last week.  Instead of just saying that Genna was sick, she quotes her father and says, "Genna had the two bucket blues."  At this point in the conversation I die laughing.  No!  She didn't just say that to her teacher.  But it gets worse.  The teacher is a native German and doesn't know what the "two bucket blues" are and asks the girls.  No!  No, no, no.  Tell me she didn't say what I think she said.  Oh yes she did.  "I told her one bucket was for the puke and the other bucket was for the diarrhea."  Let's just say it was a struggle to stay composed enough to drive them safely.  Once I stopped laughing so hard we had a discussion about slang and colloquialisms and their appropriate use.  Brian got a kick out of this story.  No lesson learned there.

No comments: