Thursday, July 10, 2008

Austria pictures!

We didn't get as many pictures as I thought because Brian had the camera and his hands were too tied up with fishing to snap as many photos as he usually does. I may have more once I download the pictures from my parent's camera.

The town we stayed in is a little fishing village in a beautiful valley. The town is called Mittersill. Here are the views right outside our hotel:



Here are the pictures Brian took of fishing , so they are mostly of my dad fishing. They fished from morning till night Saturday and Sunday. They caught some fish and came back all smiles:


We went into Salzburg for a few hours the first day and here are the pictures from there. We shopped, had some interesting versions of giant "pretzels," and learned a lesson about biting balloons:

I'm way too pregnant to be doing this, don't you think? Murray, our mini poodle, came with us too!


This was on the 4th of July, so the girls were all American-no blending in that day!


Breakfast and dinner was included in the hotel price which was nice. I don't like having to worry about finding a good restaurant every evening after a long day. Plus, then you're right where you need to be if the kids are exhausted and ready for bed. While the guys were fishing, my mom, the girls, and I shopped and went swimming.

Sunday Mass was nice! It was actually quite packed too, which isn't so common over here. The church was all decked out in beautiful statues and some stained glass. There was one statue of Jesus after he was beaten and whipped. He was bleeding, and his knees in particular were bloody. Genna noticed this, and I was explaining how he was hurt kind of like when she scraped up her knees and they were all bloody. She looks at me and says so seriously and sweetly, "Yeah, Mommy, when I died on the cross." Not quite, Sweetheart!

No comments: