Thursday, July 31, 2008

What's in a due date?

Nothing!

I should know by now that a due date means nothing! However, I still had some hope that this baby would come sooner than my actual due date, like my last baby did. Well, my due date came and went with no precious newborn to show for it. I went to the doctor today, and she said I am still at about the same place as last week...3cms. Up until your due date, the doctor is hopeful and anticipatory, and then as soon as your due date comes, the doctor's demeanor changes to pity and talk of induction. She set a stress test up for August 8th and a tentative induction date of August 11th. I do not want to be induced, so I am really hoping and praying it doesn't come to that! I'll see what happens, but I may try to push that back if it comes to the 11th with still no baby. I was induced with my first and not with my second, and when it comes to having a medication-free labor there is no contest which one is easier even though they both lasted about the same length of time. In fact, I would dare say, comparatively, a non-induced labor is a piece of cake. August 11th is still a ways away, so this little guy has some time, right?

I am having some trouble sleeping. With all the contractions, my stomach starts to ache midway through the night. In fact, it is 4am at the moment, and I had to get out of bed because I was hurting laying on my side. Hopefully, I can lay back down soon and be more comfortable. I thought maybe a bowl of cereal and a quick post on the blog would make me feel better.

Hannah's still going strong at Vacation Bible School, and with Nanna and Uncle James to play with, Genna is dealing with her absence rather well. Every time they see my bare tummy, they talk to Isaac and tell him to "hurry up and come out." I am sure they don't even believe me anymore when I say, "Any day now!" :)

No comments: