Saturday, February 13, 2010

Baby Chef

After making the Valentine's cookies the other day, Isaac is into this cooking business! I have been doing a lot of baking lately which is sure to end with Lent fast approaching. If he sees me hauling out the Kitchen-aid mixer he drops his toy and starts pushing a chair over to the kitchen to stand on and help me. He also demands an apron for his culinary practice by saying "Apin!" until it is on him. So, I guess I need to find some cute boy fabric and make him one too. I was thinking planes, trains, and automobiles or something like that, but it is hard to find fabric over here. Here he is sporting Genna's apron that she has since become disenchanted with since it is not as "girlie" as she would prefer. So, perhaps for her birthday I can make her a more girlie one if I can find the fabric. Or I could find some girlie compatible fabric and embellish this one.

Isaac loses interest as soon as the rumbling sound of the mixer ends. He loves anything with a motor. Then the girls came downstairs, took over, and decorated their own red velvet heart cakes with cream cheese frosting and sprinkles.

1 comment:

Mary said...

Hey Kelle! As usual, I love to see how things are going over there w/ your dear, sweet family. The children are so beautiful! =) I love the aprons that you made. Do you have a pattern? I'd love to make some for my boys. You mentioned something about getting some more feminine fabric for Genna. I would love to send some to you for my precious goddaughter. What kinds of colors/prints do you think she would like? How much fabric would you need. Also, I could keep an eye out for Isaac, too. Just let me know what you are looking for. Should I get some fabric for Hannah, too? I don't want her to feel left out. Maybe I can get double the amount of fabric for Genna & they can be twinkies.

Can't wait to hear from you!

Love,
Mary =)