Monday, February 22, 2010

Sentimental T-shirt

Part of our spring cleaning has been to go through clothes and get rid of stuff. My problem is the sentimental value of the clothing. You know it was my favorite shirt at one time, but I never wear it for such and such reasons. So I have been looking at a lot of blogs and tutorials about refashioning clothes and I am so hooked. I have a gigantic pile of clothes of which I am determined to make use. Here is my first attempt to change one of my husband's old short sleeved t-shirts that has huge sentimental value to us into a dress for the girls. The t-shirt is from the Bible study that we met at our freshman year in college. He didn't actually get the t-shirt that first year, but it still brings back memories of our courtship. Aah the days! Here it is, new and improved!

Front


Back


To my surprise the girls loved it and wanted to sleep in it. I told them they had to wait until I had two finished to actually wear them. I have more shirts from our college years already cut up and ready to sew. Plus, I plan to applique a cross or something on the skirt to cover a little stain. Then I am going to leave off the skirt on a couple to make some shirts for Isaac. I don't want to leave the little guy out of all the fun.

Speaking of not leaving him out of the fun, here he is jumping into the picture of my first model of the dress. He is pointing at Genna, saying, "Denna" trying to get her to get in the picture too.


Model number 2


By the way, this was super easy to do. I made quite a few other things lately, but none of them are 100% finished yet. I am waiting on supplies to be delivered, etc. So, hopefully, I'll have other cool things up soon.

1 comment:

Emily said...

Very impressed. I'm hoping to learn how to sew one day... if all goes well.
Thanks for all your great ideas.