Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Well, I was going to keep it to myself, but...

yes, it is my birthday today. Somehow not as exciting as it used to be. When I told Hannah yesterday about my birthday being today, her face lit up and with awe in her voice, she said, "You are so lucky! Oh, you are so lucky to get my present!" She's right I am so lucky, or blessed rather! Thank you, God!

This morning both girls gave me a hand drawn gift. Hannah's was a treasure map directing me to look under her bed. She had a card there with a picture of me on it. I asked if it was me wearing a birthday hat. She said that it was me, and then she sheepishly apologized that she drew long black hair for me while muttering about not having a good reason for it. That made me smile.

My husband got the van stuck this morning while trying to take the girls to school. He eventually got his car out and went to work for some afternoon meeting he just couldn't miss. (Sigh.) I was hoping for us to be snowed in together for my birthday. Hopefully, we'll be able to keep our dinner plans in the neighboring village tonight.

Here's my favorite recent picture of myself, taken at my brother's wedding. One my adorable children happens to be in this picture with me, putting me to shame.



3 comments:

Leah said...

I love that picture of you and Genna! Hope you had a good birthday! We miss you!
Love, your sister-in-law and brother! =)

Elizabeth said...

Happy birthday, Kelle. That is a beautiful picture of you!

Beau said...

That is an adorable picture!!