Saturday, February 27, 2010

Mommy's Maid

Friday afternoon, Brian was out of town and I was relaxing with a little embroidering before starting dinner while the kids played. Genna asked if she could watch me sew and then we had a funny little conversation on the couch.


Genna: Mom, when I grow up I am going to be your helper.


Me: You already are my helper, Honey. You help me all the time.


Genna: No, I mean real help, like with cooking and cleaning and sewing and taking care of the baby. I changed my mind. I don’t want to be St Scolastica anymore.


Me: So you mean you want your vocation to be my helper, kind of like a maid?


Genna: (enthusiastically) YES! I want to be your maid so you don’t have to work so hard.


Me: That’s so sweet and sounds like a great deal! You’re hired!

No comments: