Saturday, September 15, 2012

Don't forget the boy in Pre- K!

When I wrote my post on my plans for the year and my curriculum, I completely left Isaac out.  That is mainly because this will be a repeat for me, but also because his curriculum and schedule is so simple.  It took no work to prepare.  He is starting back with the 100 Easy Lessons book that he started at the end of last year.  He is on lesson 28 now.  He is practicing writing his letters too.  I got a CD from Handwriting Without Tears that is kind of cute to put on while he writes a million letters.  I imagine I'll only have him write letters once a week so he doesn't get sick of it unless this seems to slow a pace.  he loved it so far!  For math I have a couple of preK workbooks and I have the Kindergarten A Singapore workbook, but this will be only when I have time and only if he seems to like it.  Once he is reading and can read directions on his own, I will let him do a little everyday just like Genna did.

He is also included, of course, in whatever he is interested in that the girls are doing.  I think history (middle ages, knights!) and the science (geology and astronomy) will interest him from time to time.  He learns the memory work without even trying, but he has been sitting in while we practice it lately.  He already knows their new poem just by being there when they practiced it last week. When they get stuck, he chimes in to help them out.

No comments: