Saturday, September 22, 2012

Science Experiments: Weather

Genna's holding the anemometer.  The rain gauge and weather vane are on the rail between the girls.
 We are studying weather and keeping a weather journal this month.  We have made a rain gauge, weather vane, and an anemometer out of household items.  I wish we had more time for science.  We could spend hours on this stuff! 

Isaac was sad that he didn't get weather journal pages too, so I suggested (since he has been majorly into drawing lately) that he draw the rain gauge instead.  Here are his rain gauge drawings.  I guess yellow wasn't the best color to draw with, but I love how he drew the funnel at the top, the marbles, and the bumpy bottom of the 2 liter bottle.  The top picture he started to cross out, but I thought it was good.  He is a perfectionist though.

No comments: