Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Happy birthday, again!

The progression of the first birthday cakes from Hannah to Drew is pretty pitiful.  I had big plans for Drew's cake, but both my mom and husband strongly recommended that I save that idea for next year when he might actually notice.  Hannah's first birthday cake took me the whole day to make and decorate.  It was a giant castle, and we had more left overs than could ever be eaten.  Genevieve's was just a circle cake decorated as a big flower.  Isaac got cupcakes that had mint footballs on them.  Poor Drew, #4, gets a plain old cake with cream cheese frosting and malted milk balls crushed on top.
We had a quiet celebration at home on Saturday evening for his birthday with our neighbors.  I made bbq brisket sandwiches, green beans, and cake.  Nothing fancy.  We ate outside because the weather was beautiful.  (If only there weren't so many mosquitoes!  Shouldn't they be gone by now?)  Drew enjoyed the cake much more this time.  I'll tell myself it is because this cake was made with love. 

"All this for me?  Again?  Are we doing this whole deal everyday now?"


Drew actually ate his whole piece of cake this time.  He wasn't nearly as messy this time, but he still needed to be shuffled up to the tub right away.

No comments: