Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Drew Diddly

Drew Diddly is one of his daddy's nicknames for him. He is almost a 1 year old!  It makes me teary-eyed to even think about it.  What happened to my baby?

Drew started patting me when he hugs me last week which just melts my heart.  If you ask for a kiss, a big smile spreads across his face as he very carefully head butts you.  Hey, you take what you can get when you have a non-cuddler.  
Independent babies make a mess at meal time, in case you didn't know this already.  His highchair gets scrubbed down after dinner every day.  Notice the towel instead of seat cover.  I have to hand wash the seat cover, and I think old towels that can be shaken out and laundered regularly are much more suited for this messy kid.  He is number four, you know.

"I'm gonna smear it on your lens too!"
He also will show you his tongue when you ask (most of the time you ask anyway.)  He's still refusing to sign, but if he wants something he is very good at communicating it to you without sign or word.  He reaches for what he wants to stares at it.  He doesn't scream for it most of the time which I guess is why it is hard for me to hold out for the sign or word attempt.  He has said "All done" (more accurately "Ah duh") very quietly a couple of times.  He doesn't repeat it over and over like Isaac used to do.  He says it once no matter if you do it or not. 

I put a curler in his hair.
Drew has been sick this past week.  He had a fever for 6 days straight of 102 which was no fun for anybody.  He didn't eat well, had a runny nose, and slept a ton!  I am super thankful that on Tuesday morning, our first day of school, when he woke up his temperature was down.

You know this guy is sick when he lays on your chest.  That just doesn't happen with our non-cuddler.  Poor guy had a fever for so long!
He is still crawling more than walking, but he stands up and takes steps a lot.  He is getting faster with his steps, but it usually means he falls more quickly. 

No comments: