Saturday, September 8, 2012

First Days of School: The good, the bad, and the ugly

One of many problems.  Drew's a little thief!
The Good
My planning paid off!  When the kids were in bed, I got to relax!  I did not have to do a thing to prepare for school or even my co-op this week.  That is just what I was hoping for, and I am so satisfied with all my preparation. We also made it to Mass in the mornings, except the first day because I wasn't sure if Drew was still sick or not that day.  And everyone seemed to enjoy school.  Hannah, especially, is much more pleasant to teach this year.  Plus, God answered my prayers, and Drew took good naps which gave us time to work.


The Bad
School took too long everyday.  This is for lots of reasons.  One, the kids are still learning the binder system and it takes time to explain it to them.  Two, Genna is a dreamer like me, gets distracted a lot, and is slow doing her work.  Three, we have some kinks to work out with the transitions and flow of the day.  The really bad is that we haven't even had to start our memory work yet.  That starts next week and will add some time everyday to review it.  That means number 4 is what I feared (and anticipated,) I planned for more than we can actually do.

The Ugly
We have had more accidents around here than I can take.  Hannah has had a few more episodes with her concussion and hasn't been careful enough with herself.  She has been mildly hurt on her head twice since school started, once involving her sis, and once by her brother (Isaac).  This just scares me to death, but Brian handles it well, luckily.  Then Isaac walked into the corner of a counter and split his upper lip...lots of blood there.  And finally Isaac was trying to walk through when we were all spread out on the floor doing some math.  He stepped on a pencil and somehow it tipped up and got lodged (yes, lodged) in his leg.  It just stuck there and we all stared before we all freaked out.  He's fine now, but it was a little freaky to see a pencil just sticking out of his leg.  Too much for me is all I can say!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

that is a lot to happen- don't kill yourself over this- breathe more often and it will still be there when you get to it. Something that is tough to learn...

MOM