Friday, September 14, 2012

My Birthday Boy

Drew was not the least bit interested in his gifts before they were opened for him.
 Drew turned one year old today!  I can not believe how time seems to speed up as I get older.  I remember being so overdue with Speck just a year ago, and now he's my big one year old Drew!

He was a little cranky on his birthday.  I was lucky to get all the good shots of him below.  I took him outside by himself, and that seemed to do the trick.  (By the way, he is holding the gifts Hannah made him.  She made clothespin men for him, a football player and the Green Lantern.)
 The kid's made the sweetest gifts for Drew.  They came up with the ideas all by themselves.  I helped Isaac with his gift.  He made a ball out of crumbled paper and duct tape.  Genna made a sword out of paper towel rolls and duct tape.  Hannah made the clothes pin men and a sports mobile (using a hanger and drawing different sport's balls on paper to hang.)   Very sweet and, truth be told, he will probably play more with them than the gifts that I got him.  He is not much of a toy guy. 

Drew had his first peanut butter and banana sandwich on his birthday!  He ate half a sandwich, noodles, broccoli, salsa, crackers, almost a whole banana, and some string cheese.  I told you he can eat!
Brian and I gave him a wooden Melissa & Doug butterfly shape puzzle, Magformers, and Little Pim German DVDs.  I also got him a cuddly horse with a mini blankie attached.  Isaac still sleeps with his horsey, and when I saw this cute one in Red River this summer I picked it up for him. 








He learned to get on and ride his car by himself.
Gotta have a pj shot!  This was just too cute!

Good night milk!
His real birthday cake will be on Saturday night.  It's too hard to make a cake on a school day.  So we got him his first piece of cake at the store...a Little Debbie Cupcake.

As is typical of one year olds, he destroyed it and didn't eat much of it.  I expected different of this guy since he eats till he pops usually.
Drewy, we love you so much!  I wish you wouldn't grow up so fast!  Thank you for being my busy little boy with no fear!  You are so independent.  Your brother and sisters are anxiously awaiting the day when you will let them hug and kiss on you without screaming or pushing them away.  :)  You make us laugh a lot!  And your laugh is adorable and contagious!  Here's to another great year with you in our family!

1 comment:

Jeff said...

So is Little Pim based on Pimsleur? I really liked the Indonesian Pimsleur course I took a month or two ago before my trip.