Sunday, August 19, 2007

Braver than I thought

Today the church we’ve been attending had a picnic after Mass and they had one of those big bouncy things there. Hannah loves to jump so we thought it would be fun for her. She agreed, but then got a little nervous when looking through the whole that she would climb through. She has been in one before, and so it just took a little coaxing to get her to go in. She had a lot of fun and had to be coaxed to get back out. Well, there were quite a few bigger kids jumping, and it wasn’t a very big area. Since Hannah was doing it, Genna just had to try it too. I figured she would chicken out so I agreed reluctantly. She crawled right in and over to her big sis and stood up (which impressed me because when Hannah was younger she could not stand up in those). I, of course, stood close by watching the older kids so I could correct them if they got too rowdy around my babies. She had a great time bouncing! It’s so interesting watching her personality come out. Who knew that the shy one would be the braver one! Hannah is so cautious that bravery isn’t really an option. I never have to worry about Hannah doing anything crazy dangerous, and she always watches out for Genna too.

Oh, Genna just recently learned to tell us how old she is! If asked, she will say, “One” and hold up her finger. I am very proud of my daughters!

No comments: