Friday, August 31, 2007

Willkommen zu Hause, Papa!

ge
This is the sign on our front door. Translation: Welcome Home, Daddy! You can tell who colored which letters. Genna colored the "Papa." Hannah and I split the other words.

The first words out of Genna's mouth to him were, "Daddy, outside?" She wanted him to take her outside. Hannah was eager to show him the dinosaur that she colored for him, and to make sure that he saw the huge sign on the door that we all colored.

We pretty much hung out here all day getting housework done in preparation for daddy's return. Hannah learned to fold a hand towel today. I showed her once how to do it, and she folded it perfectly! She had a harder time with the regular sized towels, but I was still very impressed how well she paid attention and followed directions.

Genna got put in the "Naughty Corner" for the first time today for screaming. She did not like it too much. When her time was up and I explained again that we don't scream, I asked her, "What do you say?" She apparently has been paying attention to the drill with Hannah, because she surprised me by saying, "Sorry" and giving me a hug. Then she surprised me again by biting me on the neck during the hug. Then she got a little swat on the tush. She's a fiesty one when she wants to be! Where did these girls come from? Brian and I were nice compliant children, right? I guess I forgot my genetics when I pictured what our kids would be like. It didn't even cross my mind that they might have genes that my sister has. (Just kidding, Kristen!)

No comments: