Tuesday, August 7, 2007

The girls are growing up so fast.

Genna is learning so much these days. She knows many animal sounds, her main body parts, and is really starting to enjoy books. Hannah always loved books, but Genna has not shown much interest in them until recently. She "reads" them to me by pointing to the pictures and telling me what things are. She even sleeps with a book on occassion. Her newest phrase is, "Feet first." This is what I am always saying to her when she is getting off the bed or couch. Today at the playgroup on post, she started doing "Ring Around the Rosie" with the big kids. She also cleaned up more than most of the older kids at the end.

Yesterday, I did a yoga DVD while the kids were playing. They both came over and participated. Hannah was doing Downward Dog, and Genna was trying to do the Sun Salutations. It was so cute!

Hannah has been telling me that she wants to "take care" of people or animals that are sad or hurt. Like the ugly duckling in the story, she said, "Mom, I'll take car of him." She seems to be very compassionate. She is doing very well with the potty training. I let her watch 30 minutes of a video at the end of the day if she has kept her panties dry all day. So she keeps her eye on the prize most days! She is even starting to tell me more often instead of me having to always ask.

No comments: