Saturday, August 4, 2007

A fish is not the same as a child!

Well, I had some trouble with getting a fish for Hannah. I went to 2 different pet stores, and if you can believe it neither one would sell me a beta or a goldfish without saying I was going to put them in a full sized tank. They do not have fish bowls here because, as the man explained, they believe it makes the fish cross-eyed and crazy. I tried to buy this small rectangular plastic cage and a beta. The lady actually had the nerve to compare me putting a beta in a small "bowl" to me putting Hannah in a box to live! I was extremely upset by this, and so we left the store with Hannah asking me over and over, "Mom, aren't we going to get my fish?" In the car I had to explain that the lady would not let us buy the fish, but that maybe daddy could try for us.

I told Brian to just go buy the fish without asking any questions, and get a container on post for it to live in. So that worked and Hannah is now the proud owner of a red beta named, "Bologna." Let me tell you this is the most loved fish. He sleeps in Hannah's room and then eats meals with us at the table. Hannah tells us when he is sleeping that we have to be quiet. It's pretty cute!

Here's a picture of Hannah with her new pet fish, Bologna!


This morning we went on a family walk/bike ride. I walked, and Daddy pulled the kids in the trailer on his bike. We took a new scenic route to the grocery store and the metzgeri (meat market). We saw horses and deer while walking. It is a beautiful day!

Tonight we have company coming over, some people we met at the village festival that we attended a few weeks ago. They have 2 kids also and the older girl and Hannah played very nicely together. So hopefully we've made ourselves some good friends in our village.

No comments: