Monday, August 6, 2007

It's just like riding a bike!

Well, yesterday, after Mass we went to a bike riding event. I rented a bike and Brian pulled the girls in the trailer on his bike. The event was more like a festival, I suppose. They closed down this major road to motor vehicles and in each town they had food and entertainment. So it was an adventure for me since I have not riden a bike for 12 years. We managed 30kms altogether, stopping only twice to eat, drink, and for Hannah to go on a ride. We ate snitzle sandwiches and waffles with cherries jubilee on top! I am very sore today. I decided that the reason people in Europe can eat sausage and pretzels all day everyday is because they are so much more active. I swear 80 year olds were riding their bikes!

It was really a great family day. The girls slept after lunch in the trailer. It was so cute to see them asleep on each other like that! They were such troopers! I think we will rest today! Poor Daddy had to go to work today though.

No comments: