Thursday, August 23, 2007

My precious baby girls...

...are both mysteriously sick with different symptoms. I hope this doesn't mean they are going to switch diseases and then we'll all be miserable for twice the time. Genna has a cough that is unfortunately waking her up many times a night and causing an early end to her nap as well. Hannah has her signature "high fever with virtually no other symptoms" disease.

Last night was one of those difficult evenings where both children were basically screaming nonstop until I put them to bed early to stop the madness. With Brian away, these are the times I sometimes go crazy, but by the miraculous grace of God alone I didn't do too badly. Anyways, this was my warning of what was to come...two sick kids.

However, this morning was better. Genna only coughed while sleeping and so I thought maybe this is minor and will go away. Hannah seemed symptomless and back to herself. At naptime it seemed to finally get sunny and feel like it was in the upper 70's so I filled up the baby pool (which I have yet to get to do with the incredible lack of summer temps here). Hannah has been asking everyday to go swimming, so I thought this would be a nice surprise for her. By the time we got out there it was clouding up again and a little breeze had developed. I felt bad saying we couldn't swim when they were dying to get in. Well, even they weren't crazy enough to actually get in the water to stay. They climbed in, realized it was a little chilly, and then were content to sit outside of the pool and play in the water. Thirty minutes later it's raining and we're packing up. I did sneak some pictures of them before the rain though.

So we come inside get in warm clothes, and suddenly Hannah is laying on the floor under a blanket. Having done this countless times I know what this means. She has spiked a crazy fever again. So we head up stairs to get ready for bed and dose everyone up with a mixture of Tylenol, Ibuprophen, and some vicks vapor rub (for Genna's cough). The girls both lay on Hannah's bed and watch a little bit of a movie on the portable DVD player. Then off to bed for the kids and off to blog for me.

And so this day ends with a plea for prayers for our sick family who still has another week until her husband gets back.

Oh, and one other thing, I am including a picture of part of my bathroom because this is something i forgot to include earlier and my tub is one of my favorite things about this house.

No comments: