Sunday, May 24, 2009

New Word Fixation

Isaac just learned a new word and is saying it all the time now. I actually wasn't paying attention when he started saying this. I had just finished feeding him lunch and was chatting with a friend when she pointed out that he was saying "All done" after I had said it to him. He was saying it over and over again. And he still is a few days later extremely fixated on his new word. Yesterday he was practicing all his words, focusing on the new one, saying "Mama" and "Hannah" and then "All done." He was saying "Dada" for a while, but hasn't said it lately. He has attempted "Hi" and "Ball" a few times, but isn't very consistent in repeating those for me. He also signs "All done" and he claps when he wants me to pick him up. He learned this from me because I always clap when I ask him if he wants up. I want him to learn to say "Up," but so far I haven't had much luck with that one. He usually just says "Mama" when he wants me to pick him up.

Here's a demo of his new word for you!



He learned "All done" before "More" because he is not a good eater, contrary to what you might think by looking at him. He's just not that interested in food. And he is still gagging and choking (and unfortunately usually puking) if I put any kind of "chunk" in his food. At nine months the child should be able to eat a mashed banana! I mean, come on!

No comments: