Sunday, November 28, 2010

Hello Kitty!

The party was smashing! Thirty-three people, about half of them kids, in our little house was a sight. Here's the rundown. Get ready for a Hello Kitty overload!

The food
Pizza, Hello Kitty popcorn, and chips with dips. I made pink Hello Kitty Punch with cranberry ginger ale and raspberry sherbert. Plus, the cheese balls were a HUGE hit.

The cake
Need I even say it was a Hello Kitty cake with cupcakes to match. The inside was chocolate with butter cream icing and decorated with sparkly gel icing. (The bow is purple, but in the pictures it looks black.)


Some of the cupcakes had Hello Kitty rings in them.

Crafts
I set out Hello Kitty stamps, stickers, handmade stencils, glitter, foam flowers, glue, and scissors. They made Hello Kitty scenes on a white piece of poster board. There were also coloring sheets of Hello Kitty and Kerropi (for the boys.) It was a big hit, surprisingly enough, even with the boys! Sorry. I wasn't as good about taking pictures during the party this time, and I missed craft time.

We had Isaac's train track set up in the corner of this room to entertain the boys when they got tired of coloring and crafting. Worked like a charm! And bonus, it kept Isaac 100% ocupado during the party!

The favors and invitation
The girls got Hello Kitty boxes with Hello Kitty candies, silly band rings, nail polish, and scented erasers. And the boys got Kerropi boxes with silly band rings and candy. The boxes were plain and I decorated them. The invitation is to the left of the boxes. I made them with stamps and scrapbook stuff.

Decorations

The birthday girl and her cake
My precious baby girl isn't so much of a baby any more. She is getting so big and I am just so proud of her.

Singing Happy Birthday to her
This is only part of the group. Most of them are behind me!

Make a wish!

The gifts
The gift opening was videotaped, but not photographed. She got mostly craft stuff, since if you know Hannah, that's a sure winner in her book. Plus, her aunt and uncle gave her a pop-up soccer goal which is super cool. This way we can practice all year long for next season.

Games
They had a cotton ball race where they blow the cotton balls across a finish line. Hannah had this at her Pajama party a few years back and wanted to do it again. It was a lot of fun. Especially for her friend who has a brain tumor and is semi wheel chair bound. He was able to crawl and blow his all the way to the finish line!

Our end game
When everyone left, we all pitched in to clean up and was done in record time. Even Isaac helped, saying, "Mom, aren't you so happy that I am cleaning up?" Genna said, "Mom, I've got to tell you. I really don't want to do this, but I am going to do it anyway because you told me to." Of course, Hannah, the birthday girl, doesn't complain even one iota since she secretly likes to clean and is just getting so responsible. I love my family so very much! We had a great time celebrating Hannah and her six years!

No comments: