Saturday, November 6, 2010

So long soccer. Until next year.

Hannah had her last soccer game of the year today and got her trophy. She has improved a lot this season and has really started enjoying it too. So that makes me one happy mom! She was so excited after her practice this week because she scored a couple of times and stole the ball from someone. She did pretty well today too. They put her in as goalie the last quarter, and Brian and I both turned to each other and said, "Oh, no" because she is not one to sacrifice her body to stop the ball. She stopped the first ball, but then one got by her when she tried to go and get it and then chickened out when the other team's player ran at her and the ball. I told her later that if she is going to commit by leaving the goal to get the ball, she better throw herself on top of that ball come what may. Brian stood behind the goal and helped coach her since this was the first time she ever played goalie. She was super hyper after the game and so pumped about her trophy.


Next up, my personal favorite, basketball! I volunteered to coach. I have until January to get her ready for the season.

No comments: