Thursday, November 11, 2010

Unremarkable

That was our I week...unremarkable. I just couldn't find much for I that interested me. Insects were out because I think we have studied bugs enough already. I probably could have found something on igloos, Indians, or iguanas, but I just didn't feel quite motivated enough for that last week. So we read several books on Ice cream and how it was made and how the cone was invented. And, of course, we ate ice cream. The kids made ice cream collages too.

Hannah's ice cream collage...She's into trying to make her name look fancy, but here she ran out of room.


Genna's ice cream collage...


Genna's kind of melted, I guess. Or maybe she just couldn't cut a circle out. With her you never know if she means to do something or not since she always claims to have done it on purpose.

Since it was a light week, we had a play date on Friday morning with another home-schooled kindergartner. The three girls hit it off. It was a nice break.

This week we ran into a brick wall, it seems. We all got majorly ill, every last one of us. All of the kids have fevers over 104 whenever the Motrin wears off. I have to pull out all the cool washcloths and popcycles to get the temps down. It is no small feat to keep track of four people's pain medication schedules either. I have been sick since Monday night and I drug the kids to the doctor on Wednesday. The whole thing has been a nightmare and I am so ready to be feeling better and get my house cleaned up. Needless to say, J week has been postponed until we are all well again.

1 comment:

Jeff said...

Postpone J week!? But it works out so well that Mr. Jeff will be coming then! Hope you feel better, Kelle.