Saturday, April 13, 2013

Drew in All His Glory at 19 Months


I am so glad to have my old Drew back.  He was sick with a fever from last Thursday until Monday when I took him into the doctor for fear of an ear infection.  This time my mommy instincts were right.  He felt so much better the next day after starting the Z-pack antibiotics.  This is the age Isaac started getting ear infections all the time so I'll have to watch for it.  However, Isaac had no fever, was happy all day, but wouldn't sleep well at all, day or night.  Drew has a fever (99-101), is super cranky, doesn't eat, and sleeps a ton more.  He was taking four naps a day minimum over the weekend.

I know I say it all the time, but I LOVE that dimple in his chin!  I am also loving his hair right now.  I usually cut it when it gets unruly, but so far it is laying nicely and I love it.
He is in a hitting phase right now.  He also likes to make a mad face and grunt/yell at us if we do or say something he doesn't like.  This is not boding well for the 2 year old phase.  Time out and spankings have already become a normal thing around here for him.  After a time out he is happy to go apologize to whomever he has offended almost every time which is good.

He is talking more and more.  He says cute phrases that we have worked on like, "I love you," "Up we go," "I dunno," and he will say ready and go of the "Ready, set, go."  He still has problems with word recall and many times I have to stop him from pointing and just saying, "Ma" so many times that he sounds like a baby goat.  Then I ask him, "Do you want a ___"  and he will then repeat the word and nod his head even though he knows full well the name of the object he is requesting.  He is saying more syllables together.  For example, "banana" used to be "Ba" with the sign and now it is pretty close to the whole word still with the sign thankfully.  He is not the easiest to understand so I need those signs still.  He can say Jesus (sounds like "Gigi") now too when he sees a crucifix.

The kids have been trying to teach him hide and go seek.  They are trying to teach him to count to three when it is his turn to seek.  He is obviously an awful hider, but they don't seem to care.  They just want him to know what he is supposed to do.  He loves "Row your boat" and "Peekaboo."  His most requested song right now is "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star" AKA "Star."  He loves to play ball and has quite the arm for a toddler.  He can even catch if you toss it right into his hands.  Baths are still a favorite too.


No comments: