Tuesday, April 16, 2013

First Communion Banner

This is the pre-sewn and pre-trimmed picture of the banner we made.  I looked at a bunch of examples online and came up with the stained glass idea.  Hannah helped me with the rest of the design.
Hannah and I got to work on her First Communion banner this past weekend.  She did all the stained glass cutting and layout, put her name on and drew in the details with the marker.  I am going to sew it down so that things won't fall off.  Glue is too iffy sometimes, and I love to sew.  Our church has a lot of regulations regarding the banners which was disappointing to me.  It could only be 8 1/2 x 11 inches big (which is too small in my opinion,) it had to be horizontal, and it had to be on white background (which I cannot understand at all.)  Since we already purchased the white letter we had to make sure they were on a dark background so they stand out and can be seen from a distance.  I would have liked to have the blue background like I planned, but you know.

No comments: