Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Our Sunday Family Activity


This is what we've been building on our Sundays in April.  Well, I should actually say that Brian has been building it (from scratch, by the way) and we have been playing outside in the backyard enjoying the weather and watching daddy work.  He has really taken to woodworking lately and decided to use his restful Sundays to do one big project for the children since he has no other free time until after his board exams.  He is still working on the house frame (that will sit atop the deck,) and is even using his evenings this week to catch up on what he didn't finish on Sunday.  He is also going to add a sandbox underneath the deck. 


The kids have really never liked to play in the backyard and for the first time they ask me to go out back.  In the past, it has always been them wanting to go play in the front which involves me being out there to supervise the whole time.  If Drew goes out front, I am on serious duty and can barely even sit down.  They have had neighbors over to play in the backyard while I can still cook dinner and have it ready on time.  

There have already been a few injuries though.  Splinters galore since the sanding will be last!  Plus, Isaac tried to get off the swing while still swinging high.  I know.  Sometimes he acts a lot like Genna.  And Genna and her friend spun around on the swings and knocked heads.  What a mess!  Most of these are rookie mistakes that will be solved through experience.  I am so proud of my husband for taking on such a task for his precious children.

No comments: