Sunday, August 10, 2008

After just over a 26 hour labor...







Isaac Thomas has finally arrived! He was born at 3:20pm on Saturday August 9th, 2008. He shocked and amazed the whole maternity ward with his hefty 10lbs 4oz and 22 inches in length! I was hoping he wasn't going to cross the 10lb mark, but I was not surprised even though I gained less weight this pregnancy by 5lbs. He was quite late! He is so cute! He has blue eyes and not much hair, but what he has is light brown so far. He looks at least a month old, but the nurses keep saying he looks like a 3 month old. He is a good eater/strong sucker, but his tiny chin is making it hard for me to get his mouth to open wide enough.

The girls are thrilled! Genna seems to be a bit more enamored with him than Hannah at the moment. She sang him a sweet song while she held him entitled I Love My Baby Brother. Hannah seems to be on the mend from her illness just in time. They did have a hard time leaving Mommy at the hospital this morning because I had thought I would only stay one night and now it seems I'll be staying until Monday morning due to Isaac's circumcision late this afternoon and his size putting him in a "high risk" category. Don't worry though, all his tests have been fine, even his blood sugar. He's healthy! Praise God!

I'm posting this from the hospital, so Brian is going to add pictures from home sometime today. Bless his heart! He's very busy being Mr. Mom and visiting with our guests at home.

More details to come about the longest labor I've ever had soon, but I need to get this big boy fed and changed right now!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah! We are so excited for you guys! Congratulations! We can't wait to see pictures!

Mary said...

Hey Brian & Kelle!

Congratulations on your beautiful baby boy! He is gorgeous! And I think I see Kelle's mouth & nose! =)

Praise the Lord that he is finally here after so long a wait. Wow! 26 hour labor. Whew! Kelle, you are amazing! I'd love to hear your birth story when you have time. I know you'll have your hands full, so no rush! ;)

We love you guys & are praying for you!

Love,
Rich & Mary =)

Anonymous said...

He looks as big as Genna! WOW! He's hansom already though - congratulations!

Anonymous said...

He is so adorable! I have been so excited to see pictures of him, thank you for sharing! Would love to chat with you when you are up and rested.