Friday, August 22, 2008

Two year old tantrums

Genna threw a big one today in front of lots of people! She has only thrown this kind of fit once before (at Ikea a couple months before she turned two.) I couldn't calm her down, so we just had to high tail it to the car turning heads all the way. I had promised the girls that they could "ride" the helicopter if they were good, so as we passed it on the way out and Genna realized she wasn't getting to "ride" it she screamed even louder all the way to the car...and the whole time I am unloading gear and buckling up children. Whew! That was embarrassing! As people stared at me, I tried hard to convince myself that each of them had been in the same situation before. It doesn't really work though, I still feel like a bad mom when those things happen.

Other news, more pleasant than that, is that Isaac's cord fell off finally. He's not quite ready for a real bath though because there's still some goo in there. I was thinking of saving that "first" for when Daddy is home since he'll miss so many of Isaac's "firsts."

This morning I had my first Moms and Little Catholics meeting that I am leading with a friend of mine. I did a craft for the kids (I got the idea from a friend back in the states). The kids colored 12 stars and a moon and a picture of Mary (since it is the feast of the Queenship of Mary today) while the moms did a lesson from the book Courageous Love.

Hannah made me happy today at Mass when she immediately started paying attention during the consecration and then turned to ask why there was no "jingle." She meant the bell ring that happens during Sunday Mass. I was just pleased as punch that she was attempting to pay attention during the most important part and that she noticed what was different about the daily Mass (which we only get to do a few times a month.) I was also happy that we made it through our first Mass with Isaac in the mix but without Daddy to help...and on the 4th row at that!

Tonight some of our good friends are coming over to bring dinner and keep us company! What a blessing!

No comments: