Monday, August 18, 2008

Little boys are very different from little girls.

I mentioned that I was peed on 3 times in one day on Saturday. Technically it hasn't actually gotten on me, but it goes all over the place while I am trying to clean him up during a diaper change. Today we went to the doctor to get his circumcision site checked on because I was afraid it was infected. (What do I know? I've only had girls!) It turns out it is fine, but while I was getting him undressed to be weighed he peed again. This time it went in his face! Although I'm sure it happens, I've never heard of this before. Kind of funny though!

Yesterday

Today: Look at the wrinkled brow!
By the way, he's already returned to his birth weight at only 9 days old! What a champ!

4 comments:

Becca said...

Caleb has peed right into his face too. It didn't seem to faze him much. I learned to keep him covered...even at bathtime (while he rarely pees while changing anymore, he still consistently pees during bathtime). I put a washcloth over him then too. When I start getting lazy about covering him, he never fails to remind me how necessary that washcloth is!

(and I was always worried that his circumcision was getting infected too! glad to hear I'm not the only one)

Way to Isaac on growing so well!

Ryan said...

He's really a beautiful boy - he reminds me of how Jack looked as a newborn, just a bit bigger. Jack has peed in his own face once or twice. My mom had two 10+ lb children, so I'm not quite as shocked as the rest of the hospital staff :-) Mandy

Mary said...

Hey Kelle!

Two hints that have helped us out w/ the little showers during diaper changes & baths....We use a cloth diaper to cover his boy parts so as not to get sprayed during diaper changes; & we put a warm, wet washcloth over him during bathtime. That helps a lot.

So glad things are going well with you all. Hope you are feeling much better. We've been praying for you all!

Love,
Mary =)

Anonymous said...

I used to babysit a little boy who seemed to ENJOY shocking adults this way! He would smile and sometimes even laugh. Like others have said, I always threw an extra diaper over him while changing him.