Sunday, August 3, 2008

D+4

Well, I ended up being talked into going yesterday. I was, of course, not fully informed about the winding roads that were to make me seriously nauseous on the way there and the massive climbs I was in for once we got there to even get to the festivals. Can you believe they were up on the top of hills where the castles are located? Everyone kept reassuring me this would put me into labor if anything would! A sweet American couple with a handicapped child even offered me a ride since they could park all the way at the top in handicapped parking, but I turned them down explaining that I was 3 days past my due date and was trying to induce myself. Well, so far, it's a no go! I contracted all day and on and off last night, but still not quite real labor!

One of our dear Catholic family friends went with us too. We got lots of pictures! Brian took quite a few of me. He was quite proud that his overdue wife could make those hikes up the hills. He called me a "beast," and I had to explain that's not exactly a compliment to a woman. So we settled on "trooper" as being a compliment without in anyway referring to my hugeness.

Here's Brian trying to out do me! :) Too bad, Honey, you can put them down when you get tired!


Here's where we were headed, to the first castle on a hill. We're already more than half way up when I took this picture.


Almost there...

At last we've reached the top! And God sent the most wonderful breeze for me!


We ate lunch up here. The girls played together so sweetly after lunch. I just had to snap this picture of them holding hands. I love how close they are! I can't wait to see how Isaac fits into our family!

Here's me after the next big climb, where they had Stations of the Cross at each landing on the way up.

Uncle James holds Genna while they wait for the ride.

Hannah and I made an emergency potty trip during the first ride, so she's missing here.

But I promised she'd get a turn. This is Hannah's friend, Quinn, who she was inseparable from all day! His dad wants them to be betrothed, but Hannah informed him of her vocation to be a nun.


Today we have Mass and a potluck afterwards. Then our friends may come grill bratwursts at our house this evening. Brian is also supposed to pick up my elliptical today which is exciting! And tomorrow is Hannah's first day of German kindergarten! Assuming I still haven't given birth, I will be going with her which makes it a little easier on poor Mommy.

1 comment:

Jeff said...

Wow... and I thought I was impressed when you were hiking in Prague at 7 months.