Sunday, August 31, 2008

Isaac's First Trip in Europe!

Wine Country


It was only for the day though. We went to Bern-Kastel Kues first because we got bad intelligence that there was a wine festival there. Then we headed to Winningen, the Oldest wine fest in Germany, which turned out to be smaller than we expected. The kids had a great time eating ice cream, playing in the water fountain, and sword fighting with balloon swords. We went with our good friends and got our usual stares and glares from the locals since between the two of us we have seven kids. They usually only have one kid per household here and are shocked to see people with more than two especially since ours are all so young (5 years and under). When I was very discreetly nursing Isaac, I got points, whispers, and stares. They are not a modest crowd here, so I am not sure what the big deal is. I was sitting on the ground against a wall with three strollers all around me and a blanket over me, and I kid you not, people would be walking by and stop right in front of me and just stare at me. It was interesting.

Here's the fountain fun!

This is Hannah and Quinn, one of her best friends. They are so cute together. Quinn drew her a picture and brought it to her. He said, "I have a special gift for you." They are both a lot alike, very sensitive and little perfectionists. (I had video of the sword fight between all four of the oldest kids, but I am having trouble with it right now...I'll post it later.)

Hannah didn't have a drip on her after the ice cream, but Genna made up for it in the "messy department."


The guys even made a new friend...


All in all it was a good day. We got home a little later than we hoped, and Isaac did cry most of the way home (to his credit, he hadn't made a peep the rest of the day), but in the end we all got a pretty good night sleep which is all I wanted. In fact, Isaac must have really worn himself out because he slept almost 8 hours last night! It was like an early Christmas for Mommy! Hannah and Daddy camped out in the backyard last night too. I thought that was brave of him and fully expected to find Hannah in her own bed this morning, but she made it! Daddy said it was hard to get her to stop talking and go to sleep at first, but that's to be expected from a chatterbox like herself! I just still think it is so funny that the two of us had such talkative children. When we first got married I would talk to him a lot when he was trying to sleep at night, and Brian used to tell me, "Kelle, this is not a sleepover." What's funny is I don't talk half as much as either of the girls do! :)

No comments: