Monday, September 1, 2008

ABC's

Today when Hannah was at school, Genna and I tried a new game I made up to try to teach her letter recognition. Hannah knew all her letters and words that started with them at this age, so I am feeling behind with Genna. Anyways, she is going to take longer to learn than Hannah. I can already tell. But she was starting to get it by the end of the game. I should also say that she tired of the game quickly and when I said, "But I want to play a little longer," she replied, "Well, you can play the game by yourself, Mommy." Not exactly the point, Babe!

So the game went like this, I labeled Dixie cups with the letters A-D and under the cups I put things that started with the letters underneath them (some edible and some not). The first time through them she was picking the wrong word for the items like "toast" instead of "bread" and "puppy" instead of "dog." It was cracking me up. She also told me the"B" was upside down when it wasn't. She is just one backwards girl. We went over and over what the letters were and what they started with. Then at the very end I moved them out of order and asked where the letters were one at a time. At first she automatically went for the spot the letter had been, but when I told her to look at the letters, she got D and B right. We'll have to play lots of times for her to get this I think.

No comments: