Tuesday, August 5, 2008

D+6

Six days overdue and still no sign of Isaac! Sorry to disappoint all of you eagerly awaiting his arrival and the pictures to follow! A college friend of mine (due 2 days before me) just had her little girl yesterday! Welcome Eleanor! So I guess I am next in line. Maybe Isaac was just being a gentlemen and waiting his turn! I am feeling pretty good compared to how I could feel, really. I am sleeping most nights, and the constant contractions, although a decent strength, are becoming so common place that they don't bother me much most of the time. I'm a bit moody from time to time though. :(

Other news:

Well, Hannah's first two days of kindergarten were successful! She said she played alone the first day, but today she said she played a little bit with a girl with a peach shirt and light hair. She didn't know her name. :) Yesterday she would say things to me "in German" that were real German words, but they did not mean what she was trying to convey. It was so funny! I am super proud of her! She is only going from 8:30 to 11:30am for now, but I can leave her longer if I want to in the future. When she got home today, Genna ran up to her with sweet words and two big hugs! I love that!

Genna has been cracking me up the last few days! On Sunday during Mass, she whispers to me, "Mom, I'm so sad." I asked why and she replied, "Because I don't want Jesus to die on the cross." Hannah immediately and excitedly chimes in, "Genna, it's OK because He rose again!" Then yesterday she hurt Hannah on accident and burst into tears. She said sorry to Hannah and asked if she was okay through her tears. Hannah looks at me and smiles, then looks at her and says, "No" putting on a show for Genna. Well, then Genna said she would sing her a song to make her feel better. She starts Twinkle Twinkle Little Star and cried the whole time she sang it. It was hilarious and sweet! Compassion seems to be developing in her in a big way! She has also been making us laugh with very inventive silly faces. I will put a couple up on the blog either in picture or video format soon. It's nice to have good entertainment while I am waiting on this babe!

No comments: