Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Oh, how I love thee, let me count the ways...

I was hugging one of my kiddos the other day and just started thinking about how much I love each of them for all their uniqueness and beauty God gave them. So begins a trilogy post on the different things I love about each of them.

Hannah...

I love how she says mowlawner instead of lawnmower.

I love how organized she is always keeping her room tidy and offering to help me organize other rooms and areas of the house. She even apologizes to company if it isn't quite right.

I love how she is so social and rarely shy. She always puts on a performance for the family.

I love how she is such an execellent big sister. She is the best at entertaining both brother and sister. She comforts them too. She even helps me keep track of Isaac without me ever asking her.

I love how she is amazed at the imprints on her legs when she sits on her knees in a textured chair, every time!

I love that she is a rule-follower like me.

I love how consciencious she is about safety, always making sure the bathroom door is shut so Isaac doesn't get into the toilet and making sure everyone is buckled in the carseats.

I love how helpful she is. She has always done small tasks for me since she was a tot, getting diapers or wiping her face. Now she can even make her own PBJ sandwich and pour her own cereal and milk. She will offer to drop what she is doing to get me something that I have just said to myself that I forgot to get.

I love that she's a daddy's girl and is so easily swayed by him. He can talk her into anything!

I love that she enjoys getting her picture taken and will pose for the camera.

I love that she has such a strong conscience and tells me when she has done something wrong.

I love her memory and inteligence. She can memorize library books after only hearing them once or twice. She used to memorize the books before she could even talk. She could make the sound that I make on the next page before I even turned to it.

I love that arts and crafts are one of her favorite things to do. I so look forward to all that I can teach her. She can't wait to learn to sew and crochet!

I love that as she has gotten older she has become more cuddly. She wasn't a very cuddly baby.

I love that she looks forward to and keeps track of when I say she can have or do something at a certain age, like have a guinea pig when she is 8 or 9, or chew gum when she is 5, or wear dangly earing when she is old enough to change them herself.

I love that she can fall asleep so fast and can sleep in the car so well.

I love her divet in her cheek that is not quite in the right place to be defined as a dimple. It matches her dad's.

I love her dark blue eyes and her long blonde hair.

I love her petite little body, and I am so glad that it doesn't look like she is going to have to wear as big a size shoe as her mom. :)

I love her smile. It is just perfect!



Thank you God for our Hannah!

No comments: