Friday, November 13, 2009

Practice Makes Perfect

Or at least we hope so! Tonight was my brother's rehearsal and tomorrow is the big day!

I found out that the girls were supposed to stand up on the stage with the wedding party. In my sister's wedding, they sat down with my parents. So I had not prepped them on this yet. Hannah did great acting like a big girl is her thing usually. Genna did OK, but let me just show you...

Genna talking it up with the younger flower girl...


And Genna being moved on the other side of Hannah to split up the Chatty Cathy's. Then Hannah began getting a little more distracted, but not too bad, and Genna starts posing for the audience. :) I am always amazed at how much her personality shines through in photographs.

Isaac was there just wandering around looking for trouble and looking cute as can be. I love this serious face!


I was fortunate enough to help out with the rehearsal dinner and got to make my sister-in-law-to-be's bow bouquet for the rehearsal. Here it is with the blushing bride!


The rehearsal was at On the Border and I used her colors (dark purple and orange) in combination with the time of year to create the centerpieces and place cards for decoration.

The centerpices were pumpkins painted with purple glittery polka dots (the bride has a thing for polka dots) and set to sparkle in the candle light of some $2 orange candles from Walmart. Fake autumn leaves were scattered, some also glittered up for extra sparkle. And the place cards were inspired by Martha Stewart with glittered orange and gold leaves along side the names. So fun!


At each end of the table I added one of these carved out mini gourds filled with caramel candy corns just for fun!


Everything went smoothly and the kids all stayed up late with no major catastrophes.

No comments: