Saturday, November 28, 2009

Preparation for the preparation...

Today we just did some pre-Advent cleaning so that tomorrow we can decorate for Advent! Funny that we have to prepare to prepare for Christmas. We gutted all the kids rooms, changed sheets, and organized the bathroom too. We also made a quick run to the Globus (kind of like a German Walmart, but not as big) to get some candles for our Advent wreath. I was disappointed with the color selection, but we are going to have to settle with a lighter purple and a deeper pink than normal. We also got two cheap German Advent calendars that have chocolate in them. One for each girl so there is no keeping track of who's turn it is to eat the chocolate. If they hadn't been so cheap, I wouldn't have bought two of them.

We also attempted to take Christmas pictures rather unsuccessfully if you ask me. Most of the pictures have either just the two girls in them or a piece of Isaac's body as he escapes. This would have been a great time to have my sweet husband around to help. By the time I got him in place and then picked up my camera he was pretty much gone. :) My personal favorites are when I told one of the girls to hold onto him and he is screaming in the picture. LOL! I may have to do a collage with individual shots of them. We'll see!

I've got a lot in store for Advent, so it may take multiple posts to get it all out there. Plus, I am having surgery (minor day surgery, don't worry too much) on Monday so I am not sure how the week will go. I am really hoping I will be fully functional on Tuesday, but I have my doubts. So please, pray for me and the kids. A good friend is camping out at my house to care for the kiddies, and another good friend is driving me to and from the hospital.

No comments: