Thursday, November 26, 2009

Something to be thankful for!

Today my big girl turns five! She was born on the day after Thanksgiving in 2004, and this is the first time her special day has fallen right on Thanksgiving. I am so thankful for her! I will never ever forget the moment I laid eyes on her. Her big blue eyes were wide open (which I didn't expect) and she had a full head of dark hair (which I also didn't expect since I was a baldy like Isaac.) And she looked so huge. I remember thinking, "I can't believe she fit in my stomach!" She screamed and screamed, way more than Genna and Isaac did when they were born which tells you who the hard headed one is in the family. From that moment on I was a mommy! I had waited so long for that. It is all I ever wanted! Thanks be to God!

We had people over for Thanksgiving meal today. I made the turkey, gravy, and a little cake for Hannah. I got out left over birthday plates to make it a special day even though she already had her party and got all her gifts already. I did give her bubble gum though since I told her when she turned five she could chew gum. This is a long awaited privilege! She was super excited!

During the cake, she had asked her daddy to call so he could be on the phone when we sung Happy Birthday. I am so glad he was able to do that for her! Here she is with the phone to her ear.


Last night we were talking about how Hannah would go to bed a four year old, and Boom! wake up a five year old! I made a comment that I was sad she was growing up so fast. Her reply was, "But Mom, don't you want a grown-up woman to help you with all these kids?" My laughter just about knocked me over! Genna then said, "Yeah, I can be a grown up too and help you!" I told her there was absolutely no way that I was letting them both grow up! If Hannah was growing up then Genna would just have to stay little. They bot agreed that I had no choice and they couldn't stop the growing. In fact, Genna even closed her eyes, squeezed her fists really hard, and grunted to try to stop the growing, but alas it didn't work! So I just have to accept it, I guess. My baby is growing up! But at least the grown-up woman part is still a ways away! But don't try and tell her that!

No comments: